Friday, August 17, 2012

A healthier me begins today!!

I have always considered myself to be in good health. In all honesty, I was confusing my hyper metabolism and ability to stay toned with little to no effort with healthiness. Lately I have noticed a huge change in my body. I feel fatigued, have headaches on a daily basis, my skin complexion has never been worse, my metabolism has slowed down drastically. Quite frankly I have been dragging ass. So long are the days where feeling 100% and looking like I worked out on a daily basis came easy.

So today I have decided to make a huge lifestyle change. I am going to take action and quit pretending that one day I'm going to wake up and it's all going to be like it used to be. It's not, especially if I don't do anything to make it happen. I have already started doing a few things to transition into this healthier me. I have cut down on 90% of my alcohol consumption. So long college years and my ability to party and process alcohol with no detrimental consequences (this day had to come eventually). Ive started to drink 60 oz of water a day. Staying hydrated obviously is crucial to the body and it's daily functions. I sleep more, atleast 7 hours a night. And I have started working on portion control. I have started becoming aware of when I overeat, so I am taking note of portion sizes and when to stop eating, not eating until I'm full.

What I need help on now is WHAT to eat. What foods and nutrients my body needs to naturally work on mu metabolism and energy. What I need for a well balanced diet.

I will be doing a lot of reading on health and nutrition and exercise and I'll be sharing things that I feel are helpful and beneficial. I'll also be sharing my process in hopes that inspires people out in bloggerland to take those first steps towards a healthier lifestyle.

I found this link on yahoo today about simple foods to add to your daily diet that help your body tremendously.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/10-foods-away-10-years-152000618.html?fb_action_ids=10101010368290800&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%2210101010368290800%22%3A10150995561019109%7D&action_type_map=%7B%2210101010368290800%22%3A%22og.recommends%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D



1 comment:

ninepintspretty said...

I'm right with you on this! I tend to be at my healthiest when I have a routine - sadly there's been none whatsoever over the summer, I've been super lazy and complacent! I'm generally strict about eating healthily during the week so I can veg out on sweets and cake at the weekends without feeling *too* guilty. I'd recommend trying green tea - it supposedly boosts metabolism and it's a good antioxidant for clearer skin. It's sooooo nice with honey and lemon :)

Charlene x

http://ninepintspretty.blogspot.co.uk